Thursday, 11 September 2008

Welcome to my Teacher Training Blog !

This blog has been set up to support you in your studies to be a Teacher, as you begin your first year of your Cert Ed/PCGE programme.


My name is Nick and I am one of your tutors.





Over the coming weeks and months I will be posting messages, embedding photographs and videos and sign posting you to other resources that I hope will be of interest to you. I will also be encouraging you to comment on my postings !


If you'd like to set up a blog, either to log your development as you progress on your course, or just to have some fun playing around at blogging, then let me know and I'll show you how to get started. It's very easy, lots of fun and it maybe a resource you might want to investigate using with your own learners !

As we begin the course I'd like to to reflect on the message contained with the short video below and consider the teachers you have met and what kind of a teacher you want to be.

Did a teacher make a difference in your life ?

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Hi Nick,

Good idea about the blog - will bookmark it and see how it develops. I am interested in developing something similar for my learners - will have a go and let you know how I get on!

Thanks,
Charlie

My Blog said...

Hi Charlie,
Excellent ! Thanks for taking the time to review my blog. It's a bit of an experiment, so I hope I can keep it going, but I'm quite interested in using new digital technologies to support teaching and learning even though I'm very much a novice. However, if I only end up inspiring one of you to try it out with your own learners it will be a success ! Watch this spot !
Thanks
Nick