Saturday, 18 October 2008

Initial and Diagnostic Assessment - it's nearly over

Most of you have now completed the majority of the initial and diagnostic assessment tasks and just looking at some of your faces you're looking a bit battered and bruised. I think it's important to remember that it's the taking part that's counts and the opportunity it has afforded you to review your skills, rather than getting too hung up on scores.









In the next few weeks I think it will be useful to reflect on the experience. Firstly, to begin to identify where your strengths lie and what, if any, areas of development you might focus on for your Personal Development Plan (PDP3). But secondly, to think about how you would manage the initial assessment process with your own learners. Part of this whole exercise has been to mirror good practice, so it is important for you as trainee teachers to think about where initial assessment currently fits with your practice, as it will be something I will be looking at as part of the teaching observations.

No comments: