Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Happy New Year ! It's time to start Blogging

Yes, it's come round again, that time of year where we all make false promises and claim things are going to be different from now on! And I'm no exception. One of my New Year resolutions this year is to blog more frequently (yeah, yeah..we've heard it all before... no honestly I am)! I was REALLY excited back in September, then for one reason or another I've let things slip again...but no more !
Back in the summer I decided I was going to use this blog to focus on my interest in the use of digital technology to support teaching & learning (or at least explore some of the uses of digital technology and its' potential application for teaching & learning) and I've been enthused again (nothing like the latest copy of Futurelab's 'Vision' magazine to set the mind racing). This time it's on seeing MIT grad student David Merrill's demonstrate of 'siftables' on TED ..check it out below.



I can see lots of possibilities, not just for children but also adults. I could definitely see their use with adults with numeracy difficulties....and my Cert Ed/PCGE students !

No comments: